Sea-Teacher 4th Batch : Day 4

Day 4

I woke up at 05.00 today, so I go to pray and tidy my bed. After that, one by one my roommates also get up. Dewi took a bath first, after that me,then Grace, and then my other roommates. We also ironing our uniform. All of us look so busy today, because this is our first day to do observation in the classes with our own mentors. Before I go to the teacher’s office, I and Grace have our breakfast. We ate Indonesian food that I brought. At 06.45, we get out from our rooms. Dewi, Jam, Diu and Ying went to their classes, because they already met their mentor one day faster than us. I, Grace, Amir, and Erlian went to the teacher’s office. I looked for Mrs. Nadunza and they looked for Mrs. Santos. After waited for awhile. Mrs. Nadunza came and brought me her first class and she also give me her teaching schedule. We entered one of the class in grade 7 and the name was Sampaguita class. She introduced me to the class. She also explained them about me and my country. Sampaguita is a good class. They can listen and give good responses to Mrs. Nadunza’s explanation. They also can understand what sshe say, even Mrs. Nadunza use full English. They study about Set and Venn Diagram today. Mrs. Nadunza give them some exercise and performance task.

After 60 minutes, the bell was rang. It’s mean the first session was over. I prepared to take my bag and stand up from where I was sitting. I think that we will move to the next class, but Mrs. Nadunza arrested me and told me not to go anywhere, because the next class will take place in that room as well. I feel a little confused, but Mrs. Nadunza explained me that the school system is different from other schools. In RCI, a teacher has their own class, so the students will moved, but the teacher just stayed in their room. This is a newly defined rule, to facilitate class management in RCI. This is something new to me. I began to think about the advantages of the system, and that system deserves to be applied in Indonesia, because most of teachers in schools was the senior teachers. Mrs. Nadunza also supports my idea of recommending the system in Indonesia. The next class after grade 7 Sampaguita is grade 7 sunflower. Unlike the Sampaguita class, the sunflower class is a class with very active students, especially male students. It’s make Mrs. Nadunza always mad and scream out. Before we entered the class, she already told me that the Sunflower class will be different with Sampaguita class. Sunflower class is more childish than the other grade 7. The sunflower class was ended at 10.00 o’clock, and we got break for 15 minutes. I went to the teacher’s room and met the other teachers. Mrs. Nadunza also give me bread with blueberry jam. I’m so glad to got it, because I already felt so hungry. Mrs. Nadunza also told me that we will entered the grade 8 Mulberry and Molave classes after break. She also told me that Molave is her advisory class, and she also told me that Molave is the best class in grade 8, because the students are smart and very responsible. I entered the Mulberry class at 09.15. We entered the same room like we used before. Mulberry class is the class that contained mostly boys. They are very happy to roam around to disturb their other friends. Sometimes I laugh if i see their behavior in the classroom. Some of them tried to communicate and joke with me. I love this atmosphere, because I feel so close and familiar with them. I also tried to teach them how to write someone’s name in Indonesian. This made me feel no awkward at all.

After Mulberry class, I entered Molave class. The class is so good. Not like Mulberry that contain mostly by boys. Molave class just have about 5 boys in the class. The class is so calm and all of the students do all the thing that teacher asked for them to do without any complained. Molave class was finish at 11.15 and Molave is our last class today in Junior High School. But we still have the class in Senior High and Science High. When I walked with Mrs. Nadunza to the grade 11 class, then I got a message from Grace. She told me that Mrs. Dena want to met us and we also will have a meeting with the campus head of the college. So I asked the permission from Mrs. Nadunza and she also allowed me to go. She told me that we can meet at the last class in Science High at 12.45. Grace waited me in the library, so I go there and we make a draft for our self-report. Suddenly, one of my friends said that we will meet the head campus at 3 o'clock. So we decided to go to have our lunch. After having lunch, we went back to our room, and took a rest. We woke up around 14.45 and prepared to meet ma'am Dena at her office. After meeting ma'am Dena, my friends, ma'am Dena, ma'am Mercado (the campus head of high schools), and I went to the campus head of college room. When we met her, she was very kind and welcomed. We talked about many things included the things that happened during our observation. After having a long conversation, we took some pictures together.

After that, we shaked hands to each other and we left the head campus of college room. I and Grace went back to our room, so does the boys. When we arrived in our room, I washed the clothes and Grace ironing the clothes that we washed yesterday. Then, We took a bath and had our dinner. After that, we closed our day and went to the bed.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Sea-Teacher 4th Batch : Day 15

Sea-Teacher 4th Batch : Day 2

Sea Teacher 4th Batch : Day 24